Sunday, March 09, 2008

Philip Pullman & His Dark Materials

Was not feeling too well over the weekend... Knocked out after going back to camp for some briefing on Saturday. Slept a mightly 12 hours after I got home.. Only to away at 11pm on Saturday night... Blast the tummy-ache too! Might it be from the Thai food I had for dinner on Friday? Could have been too much to handle after little food since Friday morning... Feeling better now... Was on congee the entire Sunday. Talk about indigestion! Y'ouch! Sorry Wan for not venturing out to the Botanical Gardens this evening for the concert in the park... I'd love to come, if it wasn't for the rain. You know I can't stand being stuck in my room for too long... Didn't want to risk being sick through the week... Being in the condition I was in today. Had to give up going to gym today as well... My lazy bones on that part...

One thing I've accomplished today... I've just finished reading Philip Pullman's trilogy - His Dark Materials. From which sprung the movie "The Golden Compass" from the first of the 3 collections - Northern Lights. Two volumes named "The Subtle Knife" and "The Amber Spyglass" followed after. Not sure if they will be filming these 2 remaining volumes. Thick book it is! The entire collection was rather confusing towards the end... Too much of a change of worlds at random for my taste... And as the collection was named... I would consider the direction of the book rather misleading to the dark side. Hence, perhaps... it would be advised that this be considered on the whole purely friction and fairy-tale gibberish. Hidden subliminal messages or not so conspicuous.

In anycase, I think it's time to venture out to Borders soon and pick out another book soon within the week. Pray they will have a sale soon... Real soon!

On the topic of dark materials... Andrea just introduced to the bunch in the office earlier last week a rather brilliant ventriloquist via the trusty ol' YouTube. Jeff Dunham! Too honestly, I'm not a big fan of people who can talk though a doll. Blame it on my sis's large collection of the R.L. Stine's Goose-bumps series, which involved an evil ventriloquist doll in it. Somehow there was enough humor in Jeff's performances to make me think otherwise for this one character - Achmet: The Dead Terrorist. Thought it really cracked me up when he goes... "SILENCE!"... and breaks into a whimper of a threat... "I... kill you...!" Go and watch him on YouTube... You'd see why.

Jeff Dunham & Achmet: The Dead Terrorist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

I know I've been lagging on my posts... Will try to do it more often... However, I guess my priority now is rest and exercise... Need to keep up with them, before I'm reduced to a fat slob... Heaven forbid! Wokies... Bedtime soon! Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home