Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hello 2009! Goodbye yesteryear 2008...

Ok... Here's my first post for the year.

I've been listening to the OST of the musical 'Wicked', which I'm really looking forward to catch when I am in Melbourne in a couple of months time. There are a few songs which I thought was really brilliant. Among which were "For Good" and " Defying Gravity". Spellbinding!

Defying Gravity
Idina Menzel

I'm through accepting limits
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down:

So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

URL to the cast of "Wicked" at the Tony Awards performing 'Defying Gravity'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crz8DeOQaJg

It's a nice tune and the lyrics were written to reflect such wondrous determination.

Hopefully, this translates to my resolutions for the year...

Oh ya... Need to really exercise and gym more, go home on time, try to wake up on time to work and spend less, save more...

Spent the last day of 2008 with the bunch celebrating Joey's Birthday... Happy Birthday!!! Golly... The Bake Alaska was yummy, wished they put in the Burnt Caramel Icecream instead of the Berry one... Yes, and we had rounds of card games which reduced us to screaming explicit mixes of cantonese and english vulgarities for through the first 20mins or so of the New Year... What a way to begin... Hahaha... Next time we should do something more auspicious yah? But perhaps that would have successfully scare away the ghost of the yesteryear... Hee... Hopped over to Chris' party at Roy's place... I think Chris would probably lay off drinking port for forfeits after this morning... Hope you are ok now... more booze? Hee...

All in all, I thought the laughter through the start of this new year was an awesome beginning to 2009.

Happy New Year folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home